Pay Bills & Report Monthly Payroll
Pay Bills and/or Report Monthly Payroll Online
To pay your bill online, you must first know what type of billing plan your account was set up with, a monthly installment billing plan or monthly self-audit billing plan.
If you’re not sure which plan you have, please contact your agent or FHM at 888-346-3461, ext. 6337, 6424 or 6401 to find out.
Log into FHMconnect and select the Pay Bills or Report Payroll Button.
(To log into FHMConnect, you must have previously registered and received a username and set a password.)
To Pay a Monthly Installment
If your account is set up with a monthly-installment billing plan, please follow the directions below to pay monthly bills.
- Click the Pay Bills button from the Policies screen.
To view statement information, click the Plus Sign (+) on the left of the blue statement bar.
- If bank account information is already stored, then click the Pay Bills button to submit payment to FHM.
- If bank account information is not already stored, click the link to the left of the screen labeled Account Info and follow steps as directed to enter banking information.
- Confirm Payment amount is correct and select the desired Bank Account.
- The payment date can either be the current date or a future date (not past the due date).
- Click Pay to submit payment, Cancel to cancel, or New Bank Account to add another bank account.
- After selecting Pay, the payment must be confirmed. Check the authorize check box and click Confirm to confirm payment. Cancel to cancel payment.
- In order to finish processing the payment, enter an email address twice./li>
- Click the Submit button to finish processing the payment or cancel to cancel the payment.
- The next screen may be printed for record keeping purposes. This will show the Confirmation Number, Statement Number paid, Payment Amount, Bank Account used, and Payment Date.
- Click the OK button to finish.
- A monthly installment has now been paid.
Monthly Self Reporting Payroll (Report Payroll)
If your account is set up with a monthly self-audit billing plan, please follow the directions below to report payroll and pay premium.
- Click the Report Payroll button from the Policies screen or the Payroll Reports link from the Online Payments & Payroll to report monthly payroll.
- Select the PLUS sign from the list of worksheets. If there is no PLUS sign, you cannot report payroll yet. Payroll may only be submitted 7 days prior to month-end.
- Type in the Gross Payroll for each class code listed.
- Enter the number of employees for each class code listed.
- Click the Save button to continue or Back to go back
- The website will calculate premium due automatically
- A review screen will appear that gives the options to either Submit & Pay Online, Submit & Pay by Check, or Change Payroll.
- Submit & Pay Online – Payroll cannot be edited after selecting this. From here, payment can be made online.
- Submit & Pay by Check – Payroll cannot be edited after selecting this. From here, the payment will not be complete until check is received and posted by FHM.
- Change Payroll – This will allow changes to the payroll entered for the current month.
- Monthly Reporting (self-reporting) has now been accomplished.
- If you make a mistake reporting payroll and need help correcting it or have any questions about paying your bill online, please call the FHM Billing Dept. at 888-346-3461, ext. 6337.
Self Reporting Payroll – What you may exclude:
- The increased or excess portion of overtime. (For example, if a worker’s regular wage is $10.00 an hour and he/she is paid $15.00 an hour for overtime, you may exclude the $5.00 per hour EXCESS portion of the overtime rate and only report $10.00 an hour for the hours of overtime paid.) So you are excluding 1/3 of the overtime when overtime is paid at 1.5 times the regular hourly rate.
- When overtime is paid at two times the regular hourly rate, then half the overtime is excluded from reporting-the EXCESS portion of the overtime.
- Tips or gratuities.
- Severance pay.
Sick time, vacation time, performance and holiday bonuses, and profit sharing is ALWAYS included. For further clarification, please contact the FHM audit department at 888-346-3461, x6204 or x6252.